Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Master Holly

Yes it has been awhile. Remember that month earlier this year? May? Yup well that is when I finally graduated! It feels good to be done with grad school. Technically I wasn't officially done with my program requirements until the end of May, but my classmates and I got to walk during graduation in May. It felt a little weird to go back to the externship after graduating! Anyways, before convocation a bunch of girls from my program met together to have lunch. It was a lot of fun to see everyone all dressed up and ready to graduate! The restaurant was located on the same street as the speech clinic where I spent most of my time during grad school, Wakara Way. Here I am bemoaning the loss of my second home for the past two years.
Some of my lovely classmates:



Here we are again but on the floor of the Huntsman Center all ready to graduate. Since we were masters students, we got to sit on the floor. I will really miss hanging out in the clinic workroom with all these fabulous ladies. Oh, and our two token males as well. Gotta love those guys. You know someone is patient when they can listen to the endless chatter of 32 girls for two whole years in a tiny workroom!
Waiting to accept my degree! (Well the fancy book with the fake degree inside at least)My two awesome parents who patiently dealt with finals week sugar runs, late night studying, bi-semester breakdowns, and general grad school craziness. I sure do love these guys!!

Showing off the strange dangly strips on my sleeves. At first I thought my robes were defective, but apparently all masters robes are like this...I used them as pockets :)


The parents approved. I think they were as glad as I was that it was over.


Afterward, these two crazy kids took me out to a wonderful dinner at the Cheescake Factory. Yummy! Heather and Brian were kind enough to tag along as well. Behold our smiling faces:

Don't worry, no alcoholic beverages were served...


Heather and Brian


The next day was commencement bright and early. Strangely enough myself and my other two classmates who also did their undergrad at the Y were the only three from our program to attend.

See! I knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Here it is! Woohoo!
Yup, I graduated. It is very exciting. I am so glad it is over and grateful to all those who supported me during this whole process. I have the best family and friends ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment